Centuria NZ Industrial Fund and one of the largest spirit and wine distributors in NZ, Hancocks, are working together to transform a 15,021 sqm Mangere (Auckland) warehouse into a modern, sustainable industrial facility.
The 78 Tidal Road property was acquired by Centuria in November 2020. The premium asset was purpose-built for Hancocks but both tenant and landlord will implement further initiatives to lower the property’s carbon footprint.
These initiatives include:
- Investment in 480 solar panels (estimated to provide c.60% of the property’s annual energy consumption)
- 50,000 litre rainwater tanks for building/vehicle washing and landscape irrigation
- Hancocks has install 20 vege pods, to provide a community garden for its employees
- Installation of sustainable materials throughout the property, such as:
- Carbon neutral carpet
- Reclaimed or sustainably grown timber, where possible
- Sustainable cork flooring
- Environmental Choice approved paints
- Double glazing and window treatments that reduce heat and UV by up to 70%
- LED integrated lighting system with advanced energy saving monitoring and sensors
- The warehouse is lined with Kingspan Insulated panel to the walls and roof – to minimise the temperature fluctuations in the warehouse for temperature sensitive products
- We have installed two EV charging stations in the carpark to future proof our EV charge capability.
Hancocks is also committed to working alongside brands and suppliers who are aligned to its values.